What You Should Know About Razer Keyboards
Professional and hardcore gamers need a fast and responsive keyboard that will match their gaming habits. Razer specializes in fast, sophisticated, fully-featured, customizable keyboards that are designed specifically for intense gaming sessions.
What Should You Look for in a Razer Keyboard?
There are a lot of factors you should consider when searching for a Razer keyboard on eBay, including the speed of the key press, the feel of the keys, the "travel time" between different keys, and the key height. All of these factors may affect in-game performance, although the "feel" of the keys is often a matter of personal preference. Razer keyboards are built to be highly durable, so even used keyboards can maintain consistent performance over time.
What are the Different Types of Razer Keyboards?
Razer deploys several different types of technology in their keyboards. Here are the major differences between them:
- Mechanical keyboard: The basic mechanical keyboard consists of a switch that clicks into place when pressed. Although the technology is familiar, Razer offers different types of feedback, from a tactile "clicky" feel to a more linear and silent setup.
- Opto-mechanical keyboard: An opto-mechanical switch combines the tactile feedback of a mechanical keyboard with the speed and responsiveness of a light switch. When you press down on the keys, you are activating a light beam, which provides a nearly instant response. The keyboard should feel light, responsive, and fast.
- Mecha-membrane keyboard: The mecha-membrane switch combines the tactile feel of a mechanical keyboard with the soft feel of a cushioned membrane. The keys come in different heights, from chiclet to full height.
Razer Keyboard Features
Razer keyboards are uniquely designed with some advanced features in mind, including:
- Size and comfort: Razer keyboards range in size between the compact keyboards, which cover only the essentials, and the largest keyboards such as the Razer Huntsman Elite, which come with a keypad, a palm rest, and additional buttons for brightness and volume.
- Materials: Some keyboard models add aluminum construction for extra durability.
- Customizable keys: Certain models allow you to rebind buttons and customize and combine various macro shortcuts. You can then save your profile to the on-board memory or cloud storage to switch between them on the fly.
- Backlight: Most Razer keyboards feature some kind of backlighting, so the underside of the keys will glow. If the keyboard features customizable zones, then you can personalize the lighting on different parts of the keyboard.
- Extra features: Extra features include Razer hypershift, which lets you press one button to unlock secondary functions, and 10-key rollover, which allows for 10 simultaneous button presses with anti-ghosting.
Razer is known for their gaming mice, as well. If you're outfitting a gaming rig it's worth your time to see all they have to offer.
Certified Refurbished Razer Keyboards & Keypads
Interested in buying a Razer keyboard but concerned about the price? You can find great deals by shopping Certified Refurbished items on eBay. These products are guaranteed to arrive in like-new condition, including accessories, packaging, and instruction manuals. That means you enjoy the same performance as someone who bought new, often at considerable savings. Buyers get a 2-year warranty and 30-day return/replacement policy that starts when the item is delivered. Participating sellers are held to our highest standards of customer service and monitored to ensure they're hitting eBay's metrics.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Razer.