Women's 100% Cotton Leggings
Leggings are an alternative to pants that can be worn with tunics, skirts, and shirts. They are designed to fit a woman's body snugly without sagging or falling and come in sizes to fit a wide variety of figures. They come in many solid colors as well as multicolored designs. Their weights and textures vary.Are 100% cotton leggings appropriate for different seasons?
Although they are all made from the same fabric, the texture and thickness of these leggings differ, producing clothing that can be worn at different temperatures. Winter cotton leggings have a thick texture and soft fleece on the inside to retain body heat.Is the cotton material stretchy?
By itself, cotton is not a material with a lot of stretch. To make it stretch more, Lycra and spandex are added to the fabric.What kinds of cotton leggings are there?
Types of cotton leggings for women include:
- Yoga pants: These leggings have extra elastic and are designated for yoga, fitness, sports, or other activities requiring a broad range of motion.
- Maternity leggings: These have a high waist with greater stretch and space for the growing belly of the future mother.
- Jean leggings: The prints on these create the look of jeans.
- High-waisted leggings: The waist on this style covers the abdomen and rises to the natural waistline or higher.
- Three-quarter leggings: Like capri pants, these leggings end between the knee and the ankle.
- Knitted or lace leggings: These leggings have a decorative design woven into the fabric.
Sizes for women's leggings are:
- Regular: The regular category for this clothing includes standard sizes 0 to 22 as well as larger sizes XL, 2XL, 3XL, and 4XL. See manufacturer site for details.
- Petites: Petites are tailored for women 5 feet 4 inches and shorter.
- Tall: Tall sizes generally fit women taller than 5 feet 7 inches and some average-height women with long legs.
- Plus: Plus sizes are for larger women who do not fit the regular sizes.
- Junior: Junior sizes are cut for teenagers and younger women.
Additional features of these leggings include:
- Footless: Most leggings do not cover the feet.
- Pocket: These styles may have a single pocket, pockets, or pocket seams.
- Seamless: These are made of one piece of fabric without seams.
- Shaping and slimming: Some leggings are designed to highlights certain parts of the figure and slenderize others.
- Tummy control: These leggings are designed so the waist and the fabric below it can be adjusted.