How to Choose the Right Windows PC Laptop
When you're browsing for a Toshiba laptop or netbook computer that runs the Windows Vista operating system, it's not difficult to find yourself overwhelmed by the numerous options available as well as by the decisions you have to make regarding the purchasing process.
How Much Memory Do You Need?
One of the main factors in your decision when buying a laptop is to decide how much memory you want your computer to have, and Toshiba computers range from 1 GB of memory up to 6 GB or more.
- Random Access Memory (RAM) comes in the form of gigabytes. This is a temporary storage of applications that you run every day.
- The more RAM you have, the more demanding and intense applications, games, and media tasks you can run.
- Most experts recommend minimum 2 GB for light use, but for streaming media, playing games, or even using office software, 4 GB to 6 GB is a good bet.
What Are Some Processor Options?
Looking at a new system means that you have some different choices when it comes to a processor. Specific processors may boost your computer's performance or efficiency, work well for gaming or other intensive tasks, or increase your overall speed.
- Your laptop's processor is in many ways the brain and power center of your machine. Processors are measured in GHz, and the brand offers a few types of processors.
- An Intel processor from the Celeron, Pentium, or Core 2 series can offer increased performance. These processors work well for everyday, multipurpose computing and for even more intense applications.
- For gaming and other tasks that require extreme power, opt for a model with an AMD processor.
What Are Some Models to Select?
There are a few series of laptops to pick from, and from there, you can determine which features are important to you and which machine size you desire. Within these series, there are numerous options in order to customize your experience.
- The Toshiba Satellite A505-S6973 is a Windows OS model that offers a 16-inch display screen and runs the Intel Core 2 Duo processor. It has 4 GB of RAM and upgraded Harmon Kardon stereo speakers for premium sound quality.
- A gaming laptop packed with features, the Toshiba Satellite X205-S7483 offers a built-in DVD and CD drive with a backlit keyboard. The notebook features 4 GB of RAM and has a webcam for video chatting or snapping photos.
- You can also check out a laptop from the Tecra series. This M9 S5518V includes an NVIDIA graphics card and a portable 14.1-inch display size. There's a CD/DVD drive that plays multiple disc formats, and it comes with the Windows Vista Business OS built in.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Toshiba.