Half-Slips for Women
A slip is a type of lingerie that is designed to fit under your dress or skirt so that people cannot see your legs or buttocks. The slips also provide a layer of material that reduces static cling of the dress or skirt around your legs. A half-slip is a slip that fits around your waist and extends down to your knees, mid-calves, or close to your ankles.What are the features of half-slips for women?
- Elastic waistband: Half-slips have an elastic waistband. This allows them to accommodate a range of waist sizes. The elasticized waistline also makes it easier for you to bend, stretch, and lift while wearing a half slip.
- Slimming panels: A half-slip may have slimming panels made of spandex inserted into the material and running the full length down your thighs or horizontally around your tummy. The slimming panels help to form a sleek contour around your body. They also eliminate panty lines.
- Lace trim: Half-slips often have lace trim around the bottom edge. The lace trim is typically the same color as the rest of the half-slip. The lace is knitted by machine and includes some elastic for stretch.
- Polyester: Polyester is a lightweight synthetic fabric that is smooth to the touch. Satin is a type of polyester that is commonly used in slips to wear under a skirt. This material is usually made in white, nude, or black colors.
- Nylon: Nylon is a stretchy material used for making slips that will fit under a skirt or a short dress. It is also used in the lace panels or lace trim.
- Cotton: Cotton is a natural material that is woven into a fabric to wear under a dress. The cotton material is breathable. These pieces of lingerie are often designed to be worn during colder weather because it is thick. Half-slips made of cotton are usually white in color.
It is important to choose the correct size of slip for your comfort. To measure yourself for a slip, use a flexible measuring tape and measure around your natural waist, which is about two inches below your belly button. For slips that have a small, medium, large, or plus size description, a small is equivalent to a waist of 28 inches or less, a medium is 29 to 31 inches, and a large is 32 to 34 inches. For every two inches larger your waist size is, choose the next bigger slip. The other component of the slips size is its length. To get the right length of the half-slip, measure your legs from the groin to where you want the edge of the half-slip to fall.