Grilles for Chevrolet HHR
One of the most distinctive features of the Chevy HHR is the grille. The bold, arching front grille is one of the ways that the HHR successfully blends retro and modern styles to appeal to a variety of drivers. Keeping your grille looking great during every drive is one way to maintain the appearance of your HHR year after year, and replacement parts can help you do this in case of damage.What are the features of a Chevrolet HHR grille?
Not satisfied with simply boasting a head-turning appearance, your Chevrolet HHRs grille has many useful features to ensure the lasting enjoyment of your vehicle.
- Aerodynamic Design: The sculptured design of the grille allows for smooth lines on the front of your vehicle, increasing aerodynamic efficiency.
- Ease of cleaning: The uniform rows of horizontal chrome bars make your cars grille easy to wash and dry, no matter how much dirt it has collected.
- Increased Air Intake: The large design of the grille ensures adequate air intake for your engine, even when caught in heavy traffic.
- Custom Lower Grille: The HHR boasts a lower grille in addition to its larger upper grille, ensuring air is reaching all the necessary components quickly and efficiently.
As one of the first features people notice when you arrive at your destination, your HHRs grille is able to be customized in many unique and fun ways.
- Classic Grille: A direct replacement to your existing grille, this model boasts the prominent Chevy emblem right in the middle. Thick chrome bars create a strong and durable look.
- Stainless Steel Billet Grille: Smaller, more numerous horizontal beams create a more classic and upscale look with a retro flair.
- Mesh Grille: Available in silver and black, mesh grilles provide a high-performance look that communicates your quest for fun in your HHR.
- Grille Lights: Place these waterproof light strips behind your grille, and youll have a one-of-a-kind look.
If youre looking for an exact replacement of your original grille, you can choose between either newly made or pre-used Original Equipment Manufacturer grilles. There are also many aftermarket manufacturers who produce an array of custom styles. If youre looking for a specific color of mesh grille or specific length of LED light strips, there are a wide variety of options to bring the look you want to your car.How do you install a grille on a Chevy HHR?
As important as the grille on your HHR is for keeping debris out of your engine, it is actually fairly easy to replace.
- First, open the hood to reveal the bolts on the back of the grille.
- Second, remove the five bolts holding the grille in place using a 10mm socket.
- Third, pop the grille out of the plastic clip holding it in place using firm and consistent pressure with the palm of your hand.
- Fourth, line up the new grille and pop it into place.
- Finally, secure the grille using the five bolts. Shut the hood and ensure proper grille alignment.