Car & Truck Seats
Car or truck seats are a standard component of most vehicles. Materials used to make them are durable enough to withstand prolonged use. They come in various materials, seat styles, and other options that make your ride more enjoyable.
What are the different types of car or truck seats?
- Bucket Seat: This is a separate seat usually with a contoured platform. It can only seat one person, and it can be individually adjusted.
- Bench Seat: This seat is not adjustable and can accomodate 3 people.
- Folding seat: These seats are usually found in the rear end of the vehicle. They fold down to create more room for cargo.
What are the different factors to consider when buying car or truck seats
- A car or truck seat should be labeled with the model number and the date of manufacture. This information is crucial in finding out if there is a recall on your seat or whether it has expired.
- A car or truck seat should have all its parts.
- Ensure that your seat has the instruction book from the manufacturer.
- Ensure that your seat has no visible wear and tear.
What are heated and ventilated car or truck seats?
These seats have inbuilt heating mechanisms that create a warm area around your thighs, back, and legs. On the other hand, ventilated seats give out air through the seat thus cooling the passenger down. Ventilated and heated seats enhance your comfort during the ride and can be individually controlled to your liking.
What are the different materials used to cover car or truck seats?
- Nylon: It a durable fabric and also very porous. A vacuum can be used to pick up the dust and dirt from the seat. After which some mild detergent and water can be used to clean it.
- Polyester: This is a soft fabric that mimics suede leather and is thus very comfortable. It is easy to clean. You can use a cleaning agent designed for microsuede and a wrung-out damp cloth to clean it up.
- Vinyl: It is nonporous and waterproof thus making it easy to wipe clean using a damp towel dipped in a cleaner specifically for vinyl.
- Faux leather: It is waterproof and easy to wipe clean. You can use a feather duster to get rid of loose dirt and dust after which you can vacuum it.
- Leather: It is also waterproof. It requires a special conditioner and a damp cloth when cleaning.
What are the types of car seats
- Rear-facing: This seat type is recommended for infants especially those who weigh less than 22 pounds.
- Forward-facing: This seat type is recommended for children who have outgrown the weight and height restrictions for the rear-facing seats and are able to walk unassisted.
- Booster seat: Recommended for children who are too big for forward-facing car seats.
- Seatbelt alone: Recommended for children who have outgrown weight restrictions and booster height.