Car Covers for Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Your Aston Martin V8 Vantage is not only a means of transportation but also an important possession, and caring for your Vantage is important to keep it running well. Between drives and during storage, using a car cover is one way to protect your vehicle from UV rays, dust, and more.What are indoor and outdoor covers?
Where you park your vehicle most often is an important thing to keep in mind as this will determine the type of cover that will be needed to shelter your Aston Martin V8 Vantage. An outdoor option is typically thicker and designed to protect the vehicle from many outdoor conditions, including snow, rain, bird droppings, plant sap, and more. Indoor covers are generally thinner and more breathable, simply shielding your Aston Martin from dust and scratches that may occur when maneuvering around the garage and other indoor spaces.Should you get a fitted or an unfitted car cover?
Whether you choose to get a fitted or an unfitted option for your Aston Martin V8 Vantage is up to you. There are advantages to each choice.
- Fitted: This option fits more snugly to the contours of your Aston Martin, hugging the frame, mirrors, and more. A fitted option can help keep out dirt and will not blow or slide off the car easily. In this case, make sure you select a cover that fits your specific Vantage model.
- Unfitted: There are many unfitted car covers that are designed to fit various models of similarly sized cars. This option generally fits more loosely on your Aston Martin, so it can be slid on and off.
While your car cover is doing its job of covering your Aston Martin V8 Vantage, the product itself is collecting all of the debris. Thus, it is important to clean it to keep the material in good condition and working properly over the years. Though some car covers can be washed in an industrial-size washing machine, a simple and common way to wash one is by hand.
- Put the cover on the Vantage: This will help you clean all of the spots during cleaning.
- Hose down the cover: Use cold water and a hose with a gentle spray to wet the material.
- Scrub the cover: Using a sponge and a mixture of water and mild detergent, scrub the entire surface. You may do the same to the inside of the cover as long as it isnt lined with a fleece or other soft fabric.
- Hang the cover to dry: Simply line-dry the Vantage cover, ensuring that it is completely dry before putting it on your Aston Martin.