Bumpers for Jeep Grand Cherokee
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is the luxury version of the Cherokee, and its first year of production was model year 1993. The bumpers for Jeep Grand Cherokee help absorb impact from minor collisions. You can find a wide selection of replacement bumpers for Jeep Grand Cherokee.What are the features of Jeep Grand Cherokee bumpers?
- Made of durable materials: Jeep bumpers are made of rubber and plastic parts that are designed to resist rust and corrosion when exposed to rain, puddles, and splashes of automotive fluids or road salt. These Cherokee parts are also designed to resist ultraviolet radiation from the sun. The Jeep vehicle accessories do not fade when exposed to sunlight.
- Reduces the energy of an impact: The Jeeps bumpers reduce the energy of an impact or collision with another vehicle. This helps to reduce damage to the vehicles chassis.
- Cutouts for lights: These Jeep accessories have cutouts for the Grand Cherokees headlights, fog lights, taillights, tail pipes, and turn signals. This makes for a faster installation with no drilling or cutting required. There are also openings in the front and back of Jeep Grand Cherokee bumpers that are meant to hold a license plate.
- Select the model year and trim level of your Grand Cherokee: Over the different Jeep model years, the bumpers of the Grand Cherokee have different shapes and sizes. Make sure to note the trim level of your Grand Cherokee, as different trim levels have different bumper styles.
- Choose the placement on the vehicle: Select parts that fit on the front or rear of your Jeep. Some of the rear bumpers have bars or hitches for towing. The front part of the Grand Cherokee may have chin attachments that wrap around the bottom edge of the Jeeps bumper for splash protection.
- Select a manufacturer: Jeep is the original equipment manufacturer, or OEM, of these accessories, but you can also choose accessories made by aftermarket brands such as Mopar and Keystone Automotive Operations.
You may need to replace your Jeep Grand Cherokee bumpers after an impact or a collision damages them, or you may choose to change them to a different style or color. To replace the Grand Cherokees bumper:
- Begin by opening the vehicle’s hood.
- Use a flat-head screwdriver to take out the six pin connectors holding the grille in place. Remove the grille by pressing on all of the clips.
- Remove the plastic rivets holding the bumper near the wheel wells. Use a ratchet to remove the hex bolts at each fender.
- At the center part of the front bumper, remove the hand bolts and cross bar with the winch. Pull to release the front bumper.
- Install the replacement parts by following these steps in reverse.