Cadillac Escalade ESV Bumpers
The Cadillac Escalade ESV is a luxury SUV known for its spacious seating, sleek look, high-end technology, great handling, and more, making this a desirable SUV around the world. There are many key components of your Escalade ESV, including the bumper, which provides protection to your vehicle in a variety of situations and weather conditions. There are plenty of Cadillac Escalade ESV bumpers available, varying in style, color, features, and more, providing you with many options that can make a great addition to your Cadillac based on your style and driving preferences.How do you replace a Cadillac Escalade ESV front bumper?
While you can take your ESV to an automotive shop to replace the front bumper, the job can also be done at home. The following steps may vary depending on the exact model and year of your Cadillac and the bumper parts you are working with.
- First, open the hood of the ESV and take off the grille by removing the bolts that hold it in place on the radiator. Also, unhook the fog light wiring harnesses by reaching up under the bumper near each side.
- Locate and remove the clips and bolts inside the front of the wheel well near the fender using a pry tool and wrench.
- Pull aside the wheel wells liner to access the inner part of the bumper. Remove the two bolts on each side on the brackets inside the bumper. Take the bracket out from the bumper.
- Remove the bolts on the underside of the bumper on each side. When it is loose, pull the bumper off the front of the Cadillac and set it aside.
- Place the replacement bumper on the front of the Escalade and fasten all of the bolts and clips in the reverse order in which you removed them.
- Make sure to replace the brackets, radiator, and wheel well lining, and hook up the fog light harnesses on each side.
- Make sure that the bumper and all other parts are secure and check to see if the fog lights work.
Bumpers for your Cadillac Escalade ESV and other vehicles can be made using many different materials due to changes in these parts over time and the preferences of different manufacturers. The bumper cover or exterior section of the bumper is commonly made of materials such as plastics, fiberglass, polyester, polypropylene, aluminum, chrome, or a blend of various materials. The inner lining of these covers can also incorporate foam or rubber for extra protection in a collision. The interior section of the bumper that is a part of the vehicles frame is made out of heavy steel for durable protection.What should you consider when buying replacement bumpers?
First, take into consideration the year and model of your Cadillac Escalade because some bumpers are only compatible with certain vehicles. Also, consider whether you are looking for aftermarket parts or OEM parts and weigh the benefits of each. Lastly, keep in mind the material and look you are going for, as different materials may provide different looks and there are various colors and features. You can also get an unpainted bumper and have it painted after purchasing it to match your Cadillac.