ACDelco Car and Truck Parts
ACDelco is owned by General Motors (GM). It is the brand name for all of GMs factory parts for their vehicles. However, for non-GM vehicles, they have aftermarket parts that you can purchase.What kind of auto parts does ACDelco sell?
ACDelco car and truck parts come in a wide range of options. There are parts that carry out every function in your vehicle, such as air conditioning, audio, and steering. Here is a list of just some of the auto parts that ACDelco sells:
- Spark plugs
- Fuel filters
- Door lock switches
- Heater and air conditioning controls
- Engine oil filters
If you have a GM vehicle, just look for GM original equipment parts sold by ACDelco. If you have a non-GM vehicle, here is how to buy ACDelco parts:
- The make, model, and year of your vehicle matters, because specific parts only work with specific vehicle makes and models.
- If you can find out the part number for the specific part that you need, that helps you in locating that specific part.
- If a picture of the part you are thinking of buying is available, look at it to see if it is identical to the part that is currently in your car or truck. Make sure that the connector location is the same. Also, the nuts and bolts, if needed, should go in the same place on the new part that they did on the old part.
If you buy a new or remanufactured starter from ACDelco, youll need to remove the old starter before installing the new one. Here is how you remove it:
- Disconnect the battery because you are going to be working on the electrical system in your car. To do this, loosen the nut securing the cable on the batterys negative side with a socket or hand wrench.
- Make sure you can access the starter. Support the car with a jack to get it higher if needed.
- Once youve located the starter, disconnect all its connections.
- Remove the bolts holding the starter using an appropriate-sized socket.
- Remove the starter.
Now, heres how to install a new ACDelco starter:
- Make sure that the new starter has connections in the same places as on the old one.
- Place the new starter in the same place on your car or truck that the old starter was located.
- Once youve placed the starter, insert two retainer bolts through the engine bracket and the starter. Turn them clockwise until they thread properly. Then, you can tighten them.
- Reconnect all the wiring to the new starter. Make sure all the connections are secure.
- Reconnect the battery. Then, attempt to start the car to make sure the new starter works.